One of the actions to strengthen the establishment and operation of new small and medium businesses that will be announced in the next period of time, specifically in September 2023, is the action for "Strengthening and Operation of new tourism businesses" with a total budget of €150,000,000.
The aim of the action is to strengthen entrepreneurship in the field of Tourism for the creation of new Enterprises that, in addition to contributing to the necessary increase in the capacity of the Greek tourism industry, will also contribute to the upgrading of Greek branding by creating new tourist products and offering quality and reliable services.
Conditions of participation
Through the Action, Very Small, Small and Medium Enterprises will be supported, which will be active in the field of Tourism and will have an eligible activity investment until the 1st disbursement of the grant.
- to provide proof of Private Participation when submitting the funding application
- to invest in a single Region
- to commit that they operate or that they will operate legally by obtaining the appropriate operating license until the completion of the investment
- to submit an investment proposal per VAT number.
- to operate exclusively with one of the following legal forms corporate/commercial businesses
Limited Liability Companies
General Partnership or Limited Partnership
Private Company (P.C)
sole proprietorships and
Social Cooperative Enterprises of Law 4019/2011, Cooperatives,
and to commit to operate in specific terms as regards the tax obligations when they will be approved
- submit to the investment plans costs that have not been financed and have not been included in another program financed by national or community resources
Eligible categories of Business Activities
- Main hotel accommodations: 3 star and above category hotels with a capacity of 12 to 50 beds, hotel tourist accommodation within traditional buildings, organized tourist camps (camping) of 3 stars and above, youth hostels
- Non-main hotel accommodation: self-catering accommodation – tourist furnished houses with a minimum number of 3 dwellings, furnished rooms for rent – apartments of 4 keys or more and a minimum capacity of 12 beds
- Tourist offices of various activities
- Alternative forms of tourism: sports tourism, marine tourism, rural tourism, other special – alternative forms of tourism, such as entertainment and theme parks, etc.
- Other business activities in the field of tourism.
Beneficiaries will be subsidized for the following expenses:
- Buildings, other facilities and surrounding area
- Machinery, installations and equipment for environmental protection and energy and water saving
- Means of transport
- Certification of quality assurance systems, environmental management
- Display/Promotion – Participation in Exhibitions
- Packaging Design – Label – Branding Services
- Software and software as services
- Means of Transport – Mandatory electric vehicles
- Drafting and monitoring the implementation of an Investment Plan
- Indirect Costs
Subsidy rate – maximum subsidy
The subsidized budget of each investment project ranges from €30,000 to €400,000.
50% of the eligible costs will be financed.
Each funding application submitted is evaluated in order of priority, according to the date and time of electronic submission (finalization). Actions will remain open for applications until the available budget per Region category plus 20% per Region Category is exhausted.
To express interest in subsidized programs, fill out the evaluation form and a representative from the relevant department will contact you immediately!