Since May 2018, the European Union has adopted a wide and sufficiently stringent regulation on the protection and security of personal data for all natural persons within its borders and in the European Economic Area. The so-called GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) is the guide for the protection of such data and its aim is to simplify the legislative framework for international companies and EU citizens.
of the EU.
All natural and legal persons within its scope must comply, otherwise strict and high fines are imposed. Now, any company that processes personal data relating to individuals within the EU is required to be in line with the new regulation, reviewing all information management procedures.
The instructions are clear as to their coding to prevent identification and database association.
Our special team of collaborators consists of consultants with rich experience and certifications on IT and legislation issues, information systems and networks engineers and legal advisers with knowledge of the relevant regulatory and legal framework.
Why do I need you for the GDPR?
Our company is able to help your business harmonize with the new rules and make the change or adaptation of your information systems to be careful in gathering and securely storing this information.
It is necessary to have the consent of the people whose information you are managing for all kinds of preservation and processing thereof.
Which organizations should appoint a DPO?
The appointment of a DPO (Data Protection Officer) is mandatory when:
- The processing is carried out by a public authority or a public body (including natural or legal persons of public or private law exercising public authority). The courts are excluded when they act under their jurisdiction.
- Regular and systematic monitoring of data subjects on a large scale is required (e.g. insurance or banking services, telephony or internet services, provision of security services, all forms of monitoring and configuration of an online “profile”, such as for behavioral advertising purposes).
- A large-scale processing of specific categories of data (e.g. in the context of the provision of health services by hospitals) or personal data relating to criminal convictions and offences is carried out.
At Athens Financial Services we have a certified DPO for the safe management of your company’s personal data, while at the same time we harmonize you with the new legislative regime and provide you with:
- Advice on assessing the existing level of compliance.
- Drafting a compliance plan by conducting the required procedures.
- Technological solutions concerning the installation of new systems
- Customization of existing systems according to the new requirements.
- Training of your staff in these new conditions.